17.11.2020 Taliban ‘overtake’ Dasht-e-Archi district in Kunduz
KUNDUZ CITY (SW) – The Kunduz provincial council chairman Mohammad Yusuf Ayoubi has said the restive Dasht-e-Archi district has fallen to the Taliban following overnight attacks.
According to local sources, security forces left the checkpoints around the district center and retreated. The sources told Salam Watandar that the Taliban launched the attacks on Dasht-e-Archi at around 8 in the morning on Monday.
Dasht-e-Archi district governor Nabi Kakar told Salam Watandar that the security forces were retreating and clashes were taking place in some parts of the district.
Meanwhile, Esmatullah Moradi, spokesman for the governor of Kunduz, said that eight Taliban had been killed and 13 wounded so far in clashes between the two sides. According to him, three security forces lost their lives. He added air support and additional forces have been sent to the site of clashes.
The Taliban have not yet commented